I consider myself pretty ecoconscious and take the impact on the earth into account for purchases and decisions. But, I know that I can improve. So I made a list of goals
- Stop buying non-recyclable and non-compostable items
- Reduce Plastic Purchases
- Buy used, organic, fair trade, or sustainably produced clothing and shoes
- Used is going to be key here, these things get expensive
- Natural fibers are better as well
- Only buy organic and biodegradable toiletries and beauty products
- Or make it myself
- I’ve been doing pretty good with this one, but I’m not 100% there yet.
- Only food in bulk
- Just imagine the savings in packing!
- Make my own:
- Almond/nut/non-dairy milk
- Crackers & Chips
- Drive less, bike/walk more. Combine trips.
- Grow my own tea and drink less coffee
- I NEED caffeine to survive, but it looks like I can most likely grow a hardy tea plant in Zone 6.
What are some ways you feel that you can improve?